If you are booked to travel on one of our escorted group or self-guided trips (excluding Polar trips) and are unable to do so because you or your travelling companion /any member of your booking party is either diagnosed with COVID-19 or are required to self-isolate (in accordance with the applicable UK coronavirus government guidance) (“COVID-19 reason”), which prevents you from travelling, you (and/or the person(s) concerned) may cancel your booking on the following terms;-
1. Where you cancel in accordance with these terms, we agree to waive our usual cancellation charges (as set out in our booking conditions).
2. You may cancel for a COVID-19 reason within four weeks of departure up to and including the day of departure.
3. We will offer you a cash refund of any recoverable costs of your trip as described below.
4. The right to cancel in accordance with these terms applies to any new booking (whether made with us directly or through an authorised travel agent) until further notice. We reserve the right to withdraw our COVID-19 Promise at any time.
5. We have the right to refuse to allow you to cancel and receive a cash refund where we are not reasonably satisfied that you are cancelling for a COVID-19 reason.
6. A cash refund means a refund to your credit / debit card or bank account (depending on how payment was made originally) of the amount you have paid us for your booking.
7. You must notify us of your need to cancel for a COVID-19 reason in writing (which can be by e-mail) as soon as possible. At the same time, you must provide us with appropriate written official evidence of the coronavirus diagnosis or need to self-isolate (for example the confirmation of the test result). Please note that evidence must be provided so if you have what you believe to be COVID-19 symptoms, you must arrange and take a test as soon as possible. In the event that there is insufficient time to take a test before your departure on holiday, please call us by telephone or contact us by e-mail as soon as you can.
8. Your COVID-19 reason must prevent your departure on holiday taking account of then applicable UK coronavirus government guidance on the period for which you are required to self-isolate.
9. In the instance that Explore is able to operate your trip in accordance with UK FCDO advice, but you are unable to self-isolate on return to the UK as legally required and therefore, also prevented from travelling, you will be entitled to a full refund less non-recoverable costs.
10. The lead name is deemed to have the authority of all persons named on the booking.
11. Our usual cancellation charges (as set out in our Polar booking conditions
) are payable if you need to cancel a booking of a polar trip.
These terms are in addition to our normal booking conditions.