This is the Canada websiteToll Free Canada – 1 888 216 3401
Tanzanian Volcano Trek TV
Tour Duration 12 Days
Climb Mount Meru And Kilimanjaro
On this challenging trek we tackle Tanzania's two highest peaks: Mount Meru and Mount Kilimanjaro. We acclimatise on our hike to Meru's volcanic cone then we climb Kilimanjaro via the Rongai route on the mountains northern flank. Making the summit push at midnight we reach Uhuru Peak (5895m) by morning to enjoy exhilarating views over the ice fields.
- Mount Meru - Combine the Kilimanjaro climb with the ascent to the second highest mountain in Tanzania.
- Rongai Route - One of the most scenic and least busy routes on Kili.
- Acclimatisation - Maximise your summit chances by climbing Mount Meru before tackling Kilimanjaro.
- Uhuru Peak - Marvellous 360 degree views from the roof of Africa at 5895m!
- Wild Camps - Enjoy wild camping in magnificent, scenic locations.
- Trek crew - Climb with some of the best and most experienced leaders,guides, porters and cooks on the mountain.
1Join tour Arusha
2Drive to Arusha National Park; trek to Miriakamba Hut
3Trek to Saddle Hut
4Trek to Mt. Meru summit then descend to Miriakamba Hut
5Trek to Momela Gate then drive to Moshi
6Drive to Nale Moru; walk to Simba Camp
7Walk to Kikelewa camp via ‘Second Cave’
8Trek to Mawenzi Tarn
9Trek to Kibo Camp
10Summit day and descent to Horombo camp
11Walk to Marangu gate and drive to Moshi
12Tour ends Moshi