Why book this tour?
Cruising along the coastline in a traditional gulet is quite simply the best and most relaxing way to enjoy the special beauty of Turkey's south-western shores.
2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 14 Breakfasts
- 6 Lunches
- 7 Dinners
- 7 nights Simple Cabin
- 7 nights Standard Hotel
Bus / chartered gulet
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader, drivers, captain and boat crew.
In week one we walk for 5 days with an average of 3 hours walking each day. We have graded this trek as easy, however some of the terrain can be steep or uneven at times.
Walking Coastal Turkey And Gulet Cruise
Based in the beautiful harbour town of Kas we enjoy gentle walks along the Turquoise Coast. We discover ruins of the original settlement of Antiphellos and hike to ancient Phellos. We explore the relics of Patara and look for signs of loggerhead turtles nesting on the golden sandy beach. We also visit the ancient city of Xanthos, trek through the foothills of the Taurus Mountains and climb to the necropolis of Simena for views over Kekova Bay.
In our second week we cruise along the Turquoise Coast in a traditional wooden'gulet'. Departing from Fethiye harbour we explore small bays and islands, discover ancient relics, and swim and snorkel in the warm clear waters that give the coast line its name. We visit the hillside village of Kalkan and the submerged ancient city of Kekova as well as revisiting Kas. There are also opportunities to sea kayak, walk Saklikent Gorge and visit historical sites such as Patara (birthplace of Saint Nicholas)
- Kas - A seven night stay in one of the most picturesque towns on the Turquoise Coast
- Day hikes - Explore the forests, mountains and coastline of the local area. Take time to enjoy the stunning views and scenery
- Local ancient sites - Discover the history of the region through archaeological sites, including Xanthos a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Traditional gulet - Seven nights cruising along the beautiful shoreline of Turkey's Turquoise Coast in a traditional style wooden boat
- Ancient ruins, beaches, swimming, walks, sea-kayaking - Relax or explore as much as you like on the gulet.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join Tour At Dalaman Airport. Transfer to Kas
Guided walking tour of Kas. Walk to Limanagzi Beach
Walk to Patara Beach and Ruins. Visit Xanthos
Morning visit to Kas market. Afternoon hiking to the ruins of Phellos
Walking on Mount Akdag. Afternoon free in Kas
Hike from Üçağiz to Simena
Transfer to Fethiye to join gulet
To Kas via Ucagiz
To Soguksu Cove and Gemiler Island
Sail to Tarzan Bay
Sail to Fethiye where tour ends