Just a quickie little blogette from Annie... Guess what? Race start has been delayed AGAIN!! It’s still due to crappy weather. Our new potential start date is the 2nd or 3rd Jan but even that isn’t definite.We’ve been reliably informed that New Year’s Eve in La Gomera is pretty wicked so we’re not all that gutted truth be known! And we’ve managed to get some essential work done to Explore that we’re very happy with. We’ll also have some time to take her out and give her a thorough trial and maybe even get some night rowing experience under our belt, but I guess that all depends upon what the wind decides to do.... conditions may well be too rough. Once again it’s a waiting game. *sigh*!
Mel and I flew back on Boxing Day. Mel’s on fine form and, all things considered, her spirits are remarkably high which is lovely to see.
I must confess I’m slightly nervous of all this atrocious weather. It’s apparently never been this bad before. I just hope it’s not illustrative of the conditions we can expect during the actual race. If you’re of religious inclination, please say a prayer. Alternatively, cross your fingers and wish upon every star you see!
Hope everyone back home is still enjoying the snow!